Friday, June 21, 2013

Little Old Wine Drinker Me!

If you remember my last blog it was the first day of the summer holidays and I was all gung ho about not putting 10 pounds on and going to the gym if not every day most days of the week. Well it’s the end of the third week and I've managed to go to the gym 3 times and I've drank every night bar 3. And no they were not the nights I went to the gym.  I am not having an easy time with this! Then to top it all I hear that James Gandolfini died and he was only 51. That’s only 2 years older than me! Bloody hell! I start watching a news report about him and it was saying he was a bit of a partier. He liked his drugs and alcohol and I start thinking “wow, that’s a bit like me!” well, minus the drugs. I’m more donuts and alcohol but to be honest there’s not much of a difference, drugs are probably slightly better than the donuts but both will kill you.

I had to go to the gym today and it will be no surprise to anyone if I tell you I’m not training with Greek Adonis but before I hear y’all say “I told you so” it’s not what you think. He’s still alive and training but with Smug Git’s schedule and GA’s schedule it’s better if they work out together.  He is an awesome trainer and I really did enjoy working out with him, minus the tantrums (and they were from me) but it’s back to training with the lovely Scott.  Today Scott was not so lovely. I turned up and he was mad, now I get it that he does not want to be messed around, however the last time I looked at my bank account I was still paying him so he needs pull his big girl panties up and get on with it. He was having a hard time dealing with me this morning but it was then that I remembered that he really is just a wee boy with a big grown up job and if I’m the worst - I don’t really want to say this - client (doesn't make me or him sound good) anyway if I’m the worst he’s got he’s not doing half bad.  We managed or should I say he managed to get along with me till the end of the workout and then I booked two more workout this week and three next week so he seemed to cheer up a bit. Believe me I will give him a hard time tomorrow about his mood and then it may be onto trainer five!

After my weights workout I went and did some cardio. I was aiming for 20 minutes but managed 10, which was better than nothing I suppose. The sweat was pouring off me and I was knackered but then it had been a week since I had worked out and I’d been drinking every night so I’m sure I was sweating out pure alcohol. Oh I seriously need to stop drinking.  I go home and I’m on the internet and I found this little article.

Avoid alcohol
Want to keep your favorite meals from going straight to your hips (thighs, belly)? Wash them down with water, not wine. Alcohol slows your metabolism by depressing the central nervous system. A British study found that when alcohol was added to a high-fat, high-calorie meal, less dietary fat was burned off and more was stored as body fat.
Bloody Britt’s they have to suck the fun out of everything.

Do you think this is true? Don’t even bother answering I know what y’all will say and that’s not what I want to hear. So what do I do? I don’t think I have a drink problem, I love it I really do but I do think enough is enough so after giving it a lot - and I mean a lot of thought, I’m going to not drink for one whole week. I get it that it does not sound like a long time but I think the last time I didn't drink was about 18 years ago when I was pregnant (OK so maybe that does make me sound like I have a bit of a problem). I've just read that last bit back and it sounds like I've been drinking or drunk for 18 years - Not so but I’m not going to explain coz I can’t be bothered (see the bitching has started already), so one week it is starting from today June 20th 2013 I’m kind of crapping myself because I’m not sure I can do it. Next week’s blog could be a drunk blog, now that would be funny.

Next week’s goals; no drinking and go to the gym five days. That sounds easy, let’s see!


Let the bitching, I mean fun begin…..

No comments:

Post a Comment