Sunday, March 11, 2012

No pain no gain

Rain, rain go away and don’t come back till the 25th of April please, thank you very much. Oh my god it has not stopped raining for days. Under normal circumstances I’d be champing at the bit to get out there on my bike but this week it could not have come at a better time given that the doctor told me to rest up my leg. So the rain has meant I have had a guilt free weekend of not riding and resting the leg. I have to tell you Smug Git has been brilliant he made me lie on the sofa all day Saturday and he did the shopping and brought me home a trashy magazine and a tub of Ben and Jerry’s phish food Ice cream my favorite.

So last week was a very emotional week for me I felt as if every time anyone looked at me I was crying. You only had to say something nice and I was off bubbling again. Lesley thinks it’s the drugs, I think I’m just a mess. I really want to be on the bike but I’m so worried that my leg won’t get better and I’ll not be able to ride in the MS150. And I know what you’re all thinking “there’s plenty of time” and I know that but it’s not like I’m in the best shape right? I need every week of riding I can get. I’ve gone through the week thinking “ok I’ll take the time, get the leg better” but right now I don’t care I’ll ride through the pain and worry about it after the ride. But as I said the rain has helped so I’ve had nothing to do but relax and stay off my leg.

Smug Git has made me promise to go to the sports medicine clinic on Monday so that should be fun I can’t wait to see the doctors face when this athlete walks, or should I say limps, into his office. I think he may be thinking a sumo accident! So now y’all have a heads up on next week’s blog it should be a fun one. Oh and he better not ask me when my last period was or how much I weigh or I will be sumo tackling him!

On the brighter side of things I did go to Weight Watchers and lost another 2 pounds so I’m feeling pretty good about that. I have 5 pounds to go to my next target. I’ve been setting myself smaller targets to make it a bit easier and SG gives be $100 every time I lose 10 pounds so I’m a pound away from another $100. What to buy and this time I’m not buying anything for the bike. I think last time I bought a jacket for the rain, how sad am I?

OK so this week as you can see I don’t really have much to say because I’m really depressed about not being able to ride. So I thought I’d give you all a challenge, I don’t know if you realize this but I’ve been writing this blog for 22 weeks and there are only 6 weeks left. So 6, possibly 7 blogs left and then I hang up my bike and my blogging gear unless you can find something else for me to do. I will give all your suggestions some thought and then I’ll pick one. Word of warning I WILL NOT bungee jump or jump out of an airplane and I will not run a marathon but everything else will be considered (but keep it clean I know what you lot are like)

To end my blog today a few more rules for the woman cyclist of yonder year.
  • Don’t try to have every article of your attire “match.” (leave that to the men to look like dicks)

  • Don’t refuse assistance up a hill. (I wish I had read this one last week. Next time!)

  • Don’t overdo things, let cycling be a recreation not a labor. (oops to late)



And finally…
  • Don’t go out without a needle, thread and thimble. (OK…but why?)



Serious bit…

As you can tell by reading this I’m a tad down, hopefully normal services will resume as soon as possible but in the meantime to cheer me up you could make a small donation to my ride. It would put a wee smile on this very sad, depressed and rather overweight athlete so go on you know you want to! No amount is too small and I’m only $75 to my goal - Pleasssse!

Here is my link http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/izzi

See y’all next week… love Iz and I promise it will be funny even if I have to make shit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment