Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sh!t was that an earthquake?

Monday, I’m happy to report I had no pain all day and did not need any pain relief. We went to the rodeo on Monday evening so I had to do a fair bit of walking but again no pain it might be too soon to say but hopefully my leg may be on the mend, fingers crossed. On the diet front I ate the best burger (and fries) ever. I put the fries in brackets so it looked like I just had a couple but no I ate a whole portion. I did say it was the best burger (and fries) ever but that could just be because I was starving it did come with one extra-large bit of lettuce but thankfully I got rid of that before I started eating - that would have really spoiled it. Yuck! I did not feel at all guilty but that might have had more to do with the fact that I had a huge gin and tonic and 2 beers. I’m sure I’ll feel guilty enough tomorrow. After the rodeo we had to walk miles to our car so I’m thinking my leg might hurt like hell tomorrow but I’ll take some drugs before I go to bed and one thing’s for sure the drugs and alcohol will help with the pain and sleep.

Tuesday, At work again, no pain all day I’m starting to breathe a little sigh of relief. I did feel a tad - well more like a lot - guilty when I got up this morning. Still it was a great night and the burger (and fries) were great but I had to make it up by having just fruit for lunch hopefully that will cancel out the burger.

Later on that evening, as every good girl should, I’m happily flossing my teeth - See that’s how good I am I floss regularly and then I hear this wee “pop” and one of my veneers just fell right off! I can’t quite believe it - I’m so mad right now! WTF can anything else go wrong with me? You know I think if I was to get a nose job MY nose would probably fall off! I got 4 veneers in Scotland 15 years ago and never once did I have a problem. I get these stupid veneers done, it feels like about 15 minutes ago, and this is the second time one has fallen off and and it’s not even as if I was eating a big fat toffee - Arggggg! Now I’m in pain and can’t eat! Oh well I guess it’s good for the diet I suppose.

OMG! I’m seriously pissed off right now. I called the dentist and guess what? They can’t take me today! Seriously! And do you want to know the reason? There's no dentist in it's Fucking spring break! What, do people not need dentists on a holiday? I don’t know what’s going to change tomorrow it’s still spring break! But the dentist can see me then. So it’s off to work with 65 children under 5, no food and tooth ache. Happy days! Well actually what I did was call back up the dentist and rant and rave for a few more minutes then demand a sick note for work. Apparently they don’t do this, it’s normally just to say you’ve been to the dentist during work time but you know what? This time they made an exception (funny that.)

Well another day of no food will help my diet no end. However did you know that you don’t have to actually chew chocolate? So I could manage that just fine. A little chocolate dinner won’t be too bad, right?

Thursday morning off to the dentist and they were super nice to me but so they bloody well should be. Do you know what the dentist said to me?

Dentist “Were you eating something when it came out?”

Me, rather indignantly “No actually I was flossing when it happened”

Dentist “Really?”

Me “Really” Cheeky swine just because I’m fat does not mean I’m always eating obviously occasionally I floss!

Anyway back to work and I hate to say this but the leg was in agony all day I’m thinking delayed reaction from the rodeo. I called the doc looking for a referral for the physio I almost got one but the nurse called me to say that the doc wants me to see the orthopedic guy first -But wait for it my appointment is not till April 10th. Twelve days before the ride. Fat lot of good that is so I guess it’s just grin and bear it.

Ok onto more important matters. This week’s ride in Cat Springs, Texas really the middle of nowhere but beautiful nowhere. The wild flowers were in bloom and the weather was perfect, cloudy for the most part and 80⁰. Thank God it was cloudy because I got some sun today and it could have been a whole lot worse if there was no cloud cover (I must remember the sun cream). I started off a wee bit slow I think that’s because I’ve done nothing for the last 13 days but once I warmed up I was good to go. After about 13 miles we were coming up to the first rest stop. Smug Git was behind me but just as he sees the rest stop he speeds off, obviously does not want to let any of the manly men see him behind me. Whatever! I remember I’m clipped in and quite far back I clip out my right foot (that’s the foot I stop with) then closer to the stop I clip out the left, only just as I’m about to stop the left foot decides all by itself to clip back in! Oh shit! I just slowly fall to the side, I swear I feel like I’m falling from a huge height and I’m mortified I’m not quite sure if I was embarrassed that I fell off or that I just pee’d a wee bit (ladies with children you know what I’m talking about) when I hit the pavement either way it’s not good, and who came to my rescue? Well it wasn’t SG, he was too busy stuffing his face with M&M’s, it was the poor wee skinny SAG driver. There was no way she could get me up - she just helped get the bike off me. I had to get on my knees and get myself up. I seriously think I must have had a mini stroke in the last few week and didn’t know it coz my left side is a mess. But that’s it - 3 things - I’m done! Everything is now on the up! Please God - and God I mean it - if you can watch reality TV and help film stars get Oscars I better be able to ride this ride. I’m doing a good thing, do you hear me God? Enough already Amen. The rest of the ride went really well, I picked up my speed and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next week I’m riding on both days woo-hoo!

I was sent this really funny joke and I can’t resist telling y’all it.

My wife found out that our dog (a Schnauzer) could hardly hear, so she took it to the veterinarian. The vet found that the problem was hair in the dog's ears. He cleaned both ears, and the dog could then hear fine. The vet then proceeded to tell Andrea that, if she wanted to keep this from recurring, she should go to the store and get some "Nair" hair remover and rub it in the dog's ears once a month. Andrea went to the store and bought some "Nair" hair remover. At the register, the pharmacist told her, "If you're going to use this under your arms, don't use deodorant for a few days." Andrea said, "I'm not using it under my arms." The pharmacist said, "If you're using it on your legs, don't use body lotion for a couple of days." Andrea replied, "I'm not using it on my legs either. If you must know, I'm using it on my Schnauzer." The pharmacist says, "Well, stay off your bicycle for about a week."

Serious bit…

A good friend of mine has just found out her son has MS. He was diagnosed just about 2 weeks ago he lives here in the Champions area so please keep them in your thoughts and in your prayers this week.

Here is my link http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/izzi

See y’all next week… love Iz

No comments:

Post a Comment