Sunday, August 26, 2012

S'not Funny!


It’s been two weeks since my last blog and I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that no-one wants to read about my always failing diets. Although this week was a very good week and I did lose 3 lbs but I’m not quite sure how that happened. Maybe it’s just that I’ve started my new job and the kids have lunch at about 11:30am and that’s way too early for me so I’ve just been having fruit. But I have been on my bike every day so I guess all that together has resulted in a little weight off…  Or - perhaps it was what happened at school on Friday morning that put me off food for the rest of the day! Let me explain… 

The children come into class at 9:00am and this one little girl comes in and sits down at a table. As I turn round to talk to her she sneezes and two big lines of green snot shoot right out from her nose! Now working with children you get used to snot but what I will never ever, ever get used to is when she sucked the snot right into her mouth (believe me when I tell you I’m now gagging into my hands) well as soon as she did this I immediately start gagging and the two girls I work with are at first concerned that I’m ok (because they didn’t see what had just happened) and every time I tried to explain I would just gag and wretch and I could feel that watery feeling you get in your mouth when you are going to vomit. Anyway after I eventually explain all the girls could do was laugh. So needless to say I did not have much of an appetite for the rest of the day and I definitely needed to go for a wee drink after work. Or as the girls at my new job call it - I went to “Choir Practice” (double Choir Practice for me). 

And worst of all I’m not done! Smug Git had been out of town all week and had not heard the snot drama so when I saw him on Saturday morning I started to tell him all about it but unfortunately for me (and him) my allergies were really bad and so while I was telling the story I needed to blow my nose. This had me re-living the whole thing and I ended up actually throwing up all over the bathroom! I’m not kidding even writing this makes me nauseous! I really don’t want to ever think about it again but may need to store it away somewhere safe just in case I need to reuse it for future diet purposes. (Not)

I’m really not doing well at all. I’m having such a tough time with it at the moment I’m hoping that with the kids going back to school tomorrow and everyone getting back into some sort of routine that it will start to fall into place over the next few weeks. Having said that I went shopping today - food shopping and if you know me at all, I hate any kind of shopping but I was at the cash desk and I was perusing the magazines and we all know the magazines are shite and nothing in them is true hence the reason I never buy them. But today one caught my eye, it was Shape with a fabulous photo of that Gillian chick that was on the biggest loser (never watch that show - totally unrealistic) anyway it said, or I thought it said, drop a dress size in 21 days. I’ve just looked at it as I’m writing this and it actually says drop a jeans size in 21 days I so would not have bought it if I say Jeans (don’t ask me why I don’t know I just wouldn’t have) but I did. But OMG! I’m not doing all those exercises for 21 days. No-one would, it was like 10 different exercises; hopscotch, squats, x lunge (whatever the hell that is) and monkey push-ups (again no idea) to make matters worse I’ve just looked at it again and it’s bloody skinny jeans! No one over the age of 30 should be seen dead in skinny jeans (just my humble opinion) and it would take more than one dress or jean size for me because I’m not sure skinny jeans come in sizes 14 (I wish!) or above. It looks like it’s back to the diet drawing board for me, and into the trash can for Shape $5.99 magazine. Unless any of my younger friends want to get into some skinny jeans, the mag is up for grabs….

Serious bit (welcome back)

On the cycling news I’m riding in three weeks September 22nd in the Tour de Cure. The Tour de Cure Houston is one of many fundraising rides to benefit the American Diabetes Association.

In 2011, more than 55,000 cyclists in 80 events raised more than $18 million to support the mission of the American Diabetes Association: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

I had intended to fund this one myself so I was not going to ask for money but I thought, why not. If anyone would like to donate any money then please feel free it would be much appreciated (I only need to raise $150).

Here is the link if you wish to donate :  Izzi Weatherly

Or if you want to join the ride or find out more then click here

No comments:

Post a Comment